GlitchSoft is a leading studio for hit video game content that targets mid-core game players on mobile devices. We are passionate about video games and are looking for talented individuals who are looking to make a difference in the mobile games industry.
GlitchSoft is seeking an innovative and imaginative individual to help develop and create content for upcoming sides-croller projects. The posting will focus primary on level production but will also touch on other aspects of game design. If you have the knack and ambition to create first-in-class, mobile, side-scrollers, we are looking for you!
- All aspects of level design including blocking, scripted events, tuning and balancing.
- Use in-house tools and work flow to integrate audio and visual content into engine.
- Creating design collateral and documentation that explain and visualizes mechanics and game features.
- Assess and balance gameplay through focus tests, usability testing and in-house play-testing.
- Maintain game design documentation.
- Work with gameplay programmers and artists to provide and facilitate detailed design of features.
- Implement scripted content for levels and cutscenes.
- Help define feature and enhancements for Helios, our in-house toolset and workflow.
Must Have Requirements:
- University Degree or equivalent in computer science, multimedia, computer graphics or game design.
- Strong understanding of pacing, difficulty and what makes a great game.
- Experience with existing game creation tools including level editors or game engines (for example, GameMaker, Flash, Unreal, Hammer, Radiant).
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages (Lua, Python or equivalent).
- Great understanding and passion of Platformer, side-scroller, Hack-n-Slash game-play.
- At least one commercially shipped title under your belt.
- Ability to work under pressure with a strong team based work ethic.
- Must be able to work on-site from our Ottawa office.
Bonus Skills and Experience:
- A portfolio with completed maps, playable levels and design samples.
- Basic traditional art skills including sketching.
- Experience with Photoshop.
- Working understanding of mobile game sensibilities, in-game economies and monetization techniques of both Freemium and Paymium games.
For further details visit www.glitchsoft.com