Canadians love a good game of bingo and the advent of online sites has made the game open and accessible to everyone, regardless of age, background and financial status.
Bingo is a simple, but fun game, which involves random numbers being selected by the bingo caller, or host, which the players have to match to the random numbers on their bingo card. The first person to match a line or a full card wins a prize – it’s that simple!
Play online bingo wherever you are
The growth of online bingo sites in Canada and the rest of the world have brought bingo to the masses. So why is it so popular?
- You can play whenever you want as the sites are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- There are many review sites that offer well researched online bingo sites in Canada.
- Online apps for your Smartphone or tablet means that you can play on the go, whether you are sitting at home, in your lunch break or waiting to pick up your daughter from ballet class.
- All the sites offer some great incentives for new players, usually in the form of free cash to play some games, sometimes up to $50.
- You can play online bingo from the comfort of your armchair, no need to go out in the cold and dark in the middle of winter to travel to the bingo hall.
- There are some great cash prizes on offer, from a few dollars up to the thousands. Many sites also offer luxury holidays instead of cash.
- Websites are simple to use and easy to join.
- Your payment and card details are kept on a secure server, so the chance of someone else getting their hands on them is slim.
Bingo halls - the social way to play bingo in Canada
The onslaught of online bingo has meant that bingo hall owners in Canada have had to up their game dramatically to keep the customers coming through the door, as they now have to persuade people that it is worth coming out in the cold and dark in the middle of winter to play their favorite game. They have done this by:-
- Making the bingo halls or parlors an inviting place to be. They are now buildings that are warm in winter and cool in summer, have comfortable seating and loads of facilities such as restaurants, great sound systems, music and other entertainment.
- Offering special promotions, such as reduced priced tickets on certain days of the week.
- Promoting Canadian bingo as a game for all ages, not just the traditional image of a lady in her sixties or seventies going to the hall once a week for a game with her friends.
- Offering great cash prizes that can run into thousands of dollars.
- Opening bingo halls in locations that are convenient to get to. You will find that if you live in a populated area, there is a place where you can play bingo not too far away.
- Generally making playing bingo much more of a social event and a place to meet your friends as well as making new ones. All in all, a great evening out.